Cristallerie de Baccarat
Presumably, the founding year of the Baccarat glass factory is 1764, when Bishop Monsignor de Montmorency-Laval received permission from King Louis XV to open a glass factory in the Lorraine village of Baccarat in eastern France (near Nancy). In 1816, the French industrialist Emme-Gabriel d´Artiges bought the glass factory and created a manufactory that focused on creating products from pure crystal. The heyday of the plant began in the middle of the 19th century, when products produced by it were determined as high quality material. The word "baccarat" has become a household name for high-end works of crystal glass, synonymous of certain brand of material quality. The plant still exists.