C. Fabergé firm
Fabergé jewelry company was founded in 1842 by a native of Peronov (Pärnu) town, Livonia province (Estonia), jeweler Peter Gustav Fabergé, when he opened his first jewelry store on Bolshaya Morskaya Street in St. Petersburg. The company gained special popularity under his son Karl Fabergé, who was originally part of his father's family business, and in 1872 he headed the company. In 1885, the company was allowed to be called the supplier of the Imperial Court. In 1918, the Fabergé firm was nationalized.