Soviet graphic artist, master of urban landscape and architectural compositions.
Born in Nizhny Novgorod in 1914. In 1923 he moved to Moscow. In 1932 he went up to the Moscow Architectural Institute. After his graduation, he practiced some design job, graphics and as a result devoted whole life to it. The artist’s creative heritage includes more than 10 thousand works: watercolors, drawings, printed works on architectural monuments of Russia and abroad. During the Great Patriotic War, commissioned by the Academy of Architecture, he made full-scale sketches of destroyed architectural monuments, including in besieged Leningrad. Author of watercolor compositions on the construction of the Kremlin Palace of Congresses in the Kremlin (1959-1961). Died in 2003